Loading ...
home » spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » need help picking the right APC for me... HELP

need help picking the right APC for me... HELP

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Rhonda , 2/5/2011 10:23 PM
Login  to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • matrixr12
    Rhonda
    Rhonda 2/5/2011 10:23 PM

HI- I am new to this back up power... we loose power alot in our new house during storms because we are on the top of a mountain... I would like something that really lasts for a long time and could possible run a lamp and a cell phone charger at the same time... I have heard that there are ones that will have 8-10 outlets and last for 8 hours... is this the longest lasting one available??? any suggestions??
    thanks for the help!!

• clarkson
    Rob
    =S= Representative
    Rob 2/7/2011 11:49 PM (in response to Rhonda)

If you're looking for that much runtime I would recommend a generator. While it is possible to get that much runtime out of a UPS, you will need to either severely oversize it or add external batteries to it. This is costly especially considering batteries degrade quickly when they are discharged often. Also, the recharge time will be serveral hours so if there are successive outages, you may be without power.

If you really need a UPS that you can add external batteries to, you can check out [this one.|http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SMX1500RM2U]

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)