Loading ...
home » spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » BR1500G "Master"/Slave Outlets Failure?

BR1500G "Master"/Slave Outlets Failure?

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by John , 5/10/2017 12:40 AM
Login  to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • Lurkios
    John
    John 5/10/2017 12:40 AM

I'm not sure if the failure is in my understanding of how this unit operates, or in the unit itself - but:

I have a Back-UPS BR1500G with a computer plugged into the "Master" outlet, a PDU plugged into the battery protected "Slave" outlet and another PDU plugged into a surge only "Slave" outlet.

The PDU connected to the battery protected slave outlet operates exactly as I'd expect. After turning on "Green Mode" and calibrating the Master, it turns on moments after I turn the computer on, and turns off moments after I turn the computer off.

The PDU connected to the surge only slave outlet does not. After turning on the computer, it remains unpowered for around 2 minutes. At that point it turns on, and remains on for around 5 minutes at which point it turns off again and the cycle repeats. 5 minutes on, 5 minutes off. If I turn off Green Mode while the outlet is off, it remains off until I've restarted the UPS.

The other surge only outlets continue to operate as I'd expect them to.

So, am I missing something here? Or is the unit defective?

• SecretSquirrel
    Secret Squirrel
    =S= Representative
    Secret Squirrel 5/10/2017 8:19 PM (in response to John)

Hi John,

It sounds as if you have the Green Functionality configured properly. Have you tried the "Slave" outlet with only a single device connected? I'm curious if the relay turns on immediately with the single device or if you observe the same delayed and intermittent operation.

Secret Squirrel

• Lurkios
    John
    John 5/10/2017 11:36 PM (in response to Secret Squirrel)

Hello-

I have - a single light, it behaves in the same manner. Oddly enough, it appears to be doing it with the green function turned off as well. I hadn't realized it before, but today I'm hearing the relay click every 5 minutes or so regardless of the setting.

Regards,

-John

• SecretSquirrel
    Secret Squirrel
    =S= Representative
    Secret Squirrel 5/11/2017 2:22 PM (in response to John)

I would recommend you contact your local Schneider Electric Technical Support for further assistance. 

800-890-4272

Based on your findings, it appears the unit is malfunctioning and will likely require replacement.

Secret Squirrel

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language:  English