Loading ...
home » spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » APC Back-UPS ES 700 - not displaying correct Battery information

APC Back-UPS ES 700 - not displaying correct Battery information

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Howard , 26 days ago
Login  to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • Howie
    Howard
    Howard 26 days ago

Hi All,

I've just purchased an APC Back-UPS ES 700 to run my windows 10 Laptop when I'm working.

When I look at the battery information, it shows 0% all the time regardless of whether it is on charge, not charging or In Use.

If I install the APC driver, then the battery information doesn't work at all !! - So I roll back to the default Windows 10 driver which is "HID UPS Battery" and then I can at least see if it is charging, in use or not charging.

Under Human Interface Devices, American Power Conversion USB UPS is there (Microsoft v 10.0.15063.0 21//06/2006)

How can I get Windows 10 64bit to show the correct % charge level of this UPS Battery ??

Many Thanks.

H.

Attachments
  • wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 25 days ago (in response to Howard)

Hi,

The UPS is not designed to work with a laptop in that manor. There are some laptops that when the UPS is attached the HID Driver loads but the UPS is not displayed under power options as a second battery. It is based on the system BIOS. 

If you want to monitor the UPS battery install PowerChute Personal Edition or APCUPSD

• Howie
    Howard
    Howard 25 days ago (in response to Bill)

Hi Bill, 

Thanks for the response.

So, although the UPS sends information to the laptop (As Battery 1), when it's "Charging", "In Use" and when it's full it says "Not Charging", the reading will always stay at 0% ?

Many Thanks,

Howard

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 22 days ago (in response to Howard)

Hi,

There may be something in how the system is reading the UPS. The UPS uses the standard USB HID command of RemainingCapacityLimit to provide the battery percentage. Try installing APCUPSD to verify the UPS is providing the data. I suggest APCUPSD only because APCUPSD is 3rd party application and not a Schneider application. The other option is PowerChute Personal Edition that is a Schneider application.

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language:  English