Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » DSL into APC will not allow my phone to receive calls

DSL into APC will not allow my phone to receive calls

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Wes , 4/13/2017 2:33 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • arlen
    Wes
    New Member New Member
    Wes 4/13/2017 2:33 AM

I just purchased a APC Power-Saving Back-UPS Pro 1300.  After installing the new ups my phone will not receive in-coming phone calls, but my internet connection is operational.  My phone and internet connection has operated perfectly for many years using APC Back-UPS R S 900.

My phone and internet service is Century Link DSL. 

If I disconnect the line from the ups my phone will receive in-coming phone calls.

What is wrong with the APC Power-Saving Back-UPS Pro 1300?

• SecretSquirrel
    Secret Squirrel
    =S= Representative
    Secret Squirrel 4/13/2017 1:08 PM (in response to Wes)

Hi Wes,

The Data-Line protector will protect 10/100 base-t on pins 1-2-3 & 6, with protection for you DSL phone line on pins 4 &5. You've indicated you are not receiving inbound calls. Can I assume you are able to make out-bound calls? Have you added any new RJ-11 phone cables or RJ-45 cables to the configuration or or is everything original? 

Although extremely rare, it's possible there is an issue with the Telco/Network protection. If you continue to see issue, you want to call the APC Technical Support line. 800-800-4272.

Secret Squirrel

• arlen
    Wes
    New Member New Member
    Wes 4/14/2017 12:16 AM (in response to Secret Squirrel)

I can make out-bound calls.  No cables have been added and everything is original.

If I bypass the ups with the phone cable I have access to the internet and in-coming phone calls.  I would really like to connect to my expensive APC ups though or I will never purchase another.  (This is the 3rd APC ups that I have purchased.)

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 4/14/2017 3:58 PM (in response to Wes)

Wes,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact Schneider Electric Technical Support for assistance at 1-800-890-4272 or if you prefer I see that you are registered so I could ask support to contact you.

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: