Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices » discussion » General » how can I monitor large number of PDUs?

how can I monitor large number of PDUs?

Discussion in Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices started by mah , 10/2/2012 6:19 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • mah
    mah
    Novice Novice
    mah 10/2/2012 6:19 AM

hi , I have large number of PDUs and I want to monitor all of them in on session. ( I cant monitor and manage 30 PDUs by separate ) help me.

• ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 10/2/2012 2:45 PM (in response to mah)

i'd suggest looking into an SNMP monitoring solution, such as our own StruxureWare Data Center Expert-> http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=350

if that is not what you need, i would look at a free SNMP NMS to do this as I believe it'd be easiest (such as Nagios). All of the PDUs support SNMPv1, v2c, and v3.

• aberrantgroup
    Aberrant
    New Member New Member
    Aberrant 1/7/2013 8:22 PM (in response to mah)

I agree. SNMP solutions work great. SolarWinds APM will do this. If not ISX Central.

Thanks,
    Aberrant Technology Group
    Server Room Design & Construction
    www.aberrantgroup.com

Message was edited by: aberrantgroup

• aluetteken_at_tntitaly.it
    Andreas
    Novice Novice
    Andreas 3/8/2013 8:26 AM (in response to mah)

DC Expert is the solution to go for. It can send out alarms or forward snmp traps to your service management software (to open incidents autmatically).

The 7.2 version also has a very neat web interface where you can install wigdgets which give you an immediate overview over alarms, loads etc.

• adavid
    Adam
    Novice Novice
    Adam 4/23/2013 7:55 PM (in response to mah)

StruXureware Data Center Expert(formally Central) 7.x also lets you configure multiple devices at the same time - given they are the same model.  I've heard of other people using Solar Winds but have not used it myself.

• satya
    satya
    New Member New Member
    satya 12/29/2015 3:40 PM (in response to Angela)

how can I monitor probe temperature of PDUs and what services i can monitor for PDU device?

• Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Choose your language: