Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Universal Transfer Switch » discussion » General » SYS FAULT CONDITIONUTILITY PHASE FAULT

SYS FAULT CONDITIONUTILITY PHASE FAULT

Discussion in Universal Transfer Switch started by michael , 4/29/2018 3:11 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • michaelabend
    michael
    Novice Novice
    michael 4/29/2018 3:11 PM

I have a newly installed UTS10BI and aside from testing it has not been used.  a few weeks after installing (by a licensed electrician) i went to swap out a GFCI outlet on one of the circuits the UTC is connected to.  I initially connected the wires to the wrong contacts - i should be sure to have my reading glasses on when i do this stuff! - and seemingly as a result the UTC is now flashing all lights and shows the above message.  i have since corrected the error (outlet works fine) and it continues to show this message and lights continue to flash. i cannot believe a small error like that did some sort of damage to the unit since it didnt even set off the circuit breaker on the panel. i knew i had made an error because the reset button wouldn't engage on the outlet.

any guidance would be appreciated.  i have not tried to turn off the main breaker but wonder if that is all it will take.

thanks in advance for any help!

• wayne_i
    Wayne
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Wayne 4/29/2018 5:31 PM (in response to michael)

Hi Michael,

I would suggest turning off the circuit breaker in your main panel that feeds the UTS circuits 9 / 10 for a few seconds. If you do NOT have a UPS connected to the "UPS Inlet" connector this will reset the UTS, which I believe monitors circuits 9 & 10 to detect the "Utility Phase Fault" that is being reported. If you do have a UPS connected, you may need to turn it off while the 9 / 10 circuit breaker is turned off to accomplish the reset.

From your description of the incident that caused this problem I can't understand what really happened, or venture a guess as to why it caused the problem...

Please post your progress in solving this problem.

Wayne

• michaelabend
    michael
    Novice Novice
    michael 4/30/2018 1:31 PM (in response to Wayne)

disconnecting the UTS from the system didn't do a thing, nor did resetting the circuit.  i am going to reach out ot the electrician who installed it.  thanks anyway.

• michaelabend
    michael
    Novice Novice
    michael 5/2/2018 1:03 AM (in response to michael)

the utc went back to normal when i turned off hte main and turned it back on, simple solution!

thanks, wayne

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: