Loading ...
Home » Spaces » General Questions & Suggestions » discussion » General » SERIAL CABLE CONVERSION

SERIAL CABLE CONVERSION

Discussion in General Questions & Suggestions started by Samuel , 8/29/2017 12:40 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • becksamenterprises
    Samuel
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Samuel 8/29/2017 12:40 PM

Please i need a diagram or instruction on converting serial cable to usb so i can be using that to communicate between my ups and laptop as the laptop is not having serial port.

• Brad_C
    Brad
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Brad 8/29/2017 1:13 PM (in response to Samuel)

You need a Serial to USB converter. Any converter I've tried as worked fine with a Serial APC UPS.

• becksamenterprises
    Samuel
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Samuel 18 days ago (in response to Brad)

There's this one I bought that's not working using the serial wiring diagram you earlier sent me.

Could it be that its a fake one I bought or is it because am using windows 10? I don't seem to understand.

• cristiancalvet
    Cristian
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Cristian 18 days ago (in response to Samuel)

Hi Samuel , try it in another windows to discard a cable problem because any converter must work if the drivers are well installed , did you install the correct drivers right?

• becksamenterprises
    Samuel
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Samuel 17 days ago (in response to Cristian)

I've been able to establish communication with my 1500 using the USB port on windows 10, powerchute business edition.

The powerchute personal edition is refusing to install always getting stock at the point of trying to disable power management.

Are there other drivers I need to install? Please let me know and how to get them.

Thanks.

• cristiancalvet
    Cristian
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Cristian 17 days ago (in response to Samuel)

which is the model of the ups?

• vinay
    Vinay
    =S= Representative
    Vinay 16 days ago (in response to Samuel)

Hi,

on which UPS you are trying to install PCPE software? Can I know the model number of the UPS?

Powerchute Personal Edition is designed for APC Back-UPS and Powerchute Business edition software works with APC Smart-UPS.

Regards,

Vinay

• becksamenterprises
    Samuel
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Samuel 11 days ago (in response to Vinay)

OK now I know why the personal edition isn't working, thanks.

Am trying to fix my desktop and install windows other than 10 then try the serial cable without the USB converter.

On the direct USB, I've been able to communicate with the smart UPS on windows 10 powerchute business edition. Its working perfectly with 200AH batteries. Its charging well, lasting more than 48hrs on less than 10% load and 24hrs+ on 20% load. I changed the low battery signal to 1380 seconds. While the run time calibration took 4hrs.

Thanks peeps.

• Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Choose your language: