Loading ...
Home » Spaces » General Questions & Suggestions » discussion » General » differences between DELL-branded and native APC UPS

differences between DELL-branded and native APC UPS

Discussion in General Questions & Suggestions started by Susanne , 9 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • sgoapdate
    Susanne
    New Member New Member
    Susanne 9 days ago

Hi,

can anyone describe in detail the technical differences between a DELL-branded DLT1500RMI2U and the native APC SMX1500RMI2U? I suppose, it might be same hardware, but different SW/FW with less functions.

Thank you in advance.

• RichScreen
    Richard
    =S= Representative
    Richard 9 days ago (in response to Susanne)

Hi Susanne,

The information below was taken from a Schneider Electric FAQ FA222355

You can find the FAQ’s by going to apc.com and selecting your country.

Then follow:

Support > Resources & Tools > FAQs

You can either search

What are the differences between APC branded and Dell branded Smart-UPS products?

Or

FA222355

There are 5 differences between new Dell branded units and APC standard models:

1. Dell logo badge on the front panel.
    Here's a link to Dell UPS images:  https://schneider-electric.box.com/s/nfx98vml97o2fvo05u44 (Note: You may be required to create a log-in to view)

2. Dell logo on the box.

3. Online Smart-UPS models (DLRTs) ship as towers, with feet and top cover attached, but include the rail kit in the box for versatility.
        APC standard Smart-UPS Online products come either as a tower (no rail kit) or as a rackmount (no feet). DLRTs are true convertibles.

4.  Dell SKUs have a blue sticker on their rear panels:

http://infocenter.schneider-electric.com/library/SCHNEIDER_ELECTRIC/ITB/NAM/ITB_US/Tiger%20Smart-UPS/dell_sticker.jpg

5. All Dell branded units feature a 3 year Hardware and 3 year Battery warranty

APC provides all post-sales support for these products.  Customers should call APC directly rather than contacting Dell tech support.

Technical specs are the same between the APC and Dell branded units, with the exception of the DLRT8KRMXLT which features a 6 x L30-30 PDU instead of the 4 x L6-20 and 2 x L6-30 on the standard APC branded unit.

Regards

Rich…

Richard, UK Advanced Technical Support
  • MarkC
    Mark
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Mark 9 days ago (in response to Richard)

On the models that I have actually purchased, the power input cord is removable (as a separate cord) on the Dell models.  If I recall correctly, these where "SUA" models.

• MarkC
    Mark
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Mark 9 days ago (in response to Richard)

On the models that I have actually purchased, the power input cord is removable (as a separate cord) on the Dell models.  If I recall correctly, these where "SUA" models.

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: