Loading ...
Home » Spaces » General Questions & Suggestions » discussion » General » Looking for 1500VA Active PFC UPS

Looking for 1500VA Active PFC UPS

Discussion in General Questions & Suggestions started by Chris , 6/6/2017 11:26 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • Chris_R
    Chris
    Novice Novice
    Chris 6/6/2017 11:26 PM

Hey everyone! I'm looking for an APC Active PFC Pure Sine wave 1500VA ~900W unit. The way APC has their product line setup it is a bit difficult to figure out which ones have active PFC and which ones don't

Can someone provide a list of units?

Thanks

Chris

• voidstar
    voidstar
    Expert Expert
    voidstar 6/7/2017 2:21 AM (in response to Chris)

Are you asking for:

- a UPS that has a PFC? As far as I know, they all do.

- a UPS that is compatible with a PFC? They're all designed to be compatible but you're right that a pure-sine wave output improves the likelihood.

You mentioned you're looking for 1500VA. There are two separate ratings: watts and VA -- your equipment should not exceed either. So make sure the UPS you choose provides enough watts for your equipment. The VA rating only becomes an issue for non-PFC equipment.

All SmartUPSes except SmartUPS SC are pure sine wave. They also have shorter transfer times than the BackUPS which improves PFC compatibility. For example:

SMT1500 - 1000W - The usual choice

SMX1500 - 1200W - Can have external batteries for more runtime

SMC1500 - 900W - Cheaper

• Chris_R
    Chris
    Novice Novice
    Chris 6/7/2017 2:26 PM (in response to voidstar)
    On 6/6/2017 9:21 PM, voidstar said:

Are you asking for:

- a UPS that has a PFC? As far as I know, they all do.

- a UPS that is compatible with a PFC? They're all designed to be compatible but you're right that a pure-sine wave output improves the likelihood.

You mentioned you're looking for 1500VA. There are two separate ratings: watts and VA -- your equipment should not exceed either. So make sure the UPS you choose provides enough watts for your equipment. The VA rating only becomes an issue for non-PFC equipment.

All SmartUPSes except SmartUPS SC are pure sine wave. They also have shorter transfer times than the BackUPS which improves PFC compatibility. For example:

SMT1500 - 1000W - The usual choice

SMX1500 - 1200W - Can have external batteries for more runtime

SMC1500 - 900W - Cheaper

Thank You Much! I'll take a look at those units!laughing

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: