Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Other Products, Topics, & Discussions » discussion » General » APC Back UPS 1400U - Terrible odour

APC Back UPS 1400U - Terrible odour

Discussion in Other Products, Topics, & Discussions started by Michael , 3/15/2018 6:08 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • Commander-18
    Michael
    New Member New Member
    Michael 3/15/2018 6:08 AM

Yesterday morning I plugged in my brand new UPS unit.  All works fine, is drawing very little load, self test works and software reports not issues. Ran on battery and work fine.

However, I almost immediately noticed that new product smell which I have smelt before with a new stove and a new large TV I had purchased, but expected to to go away in an hr or so.

My office is a relatively small room, 3.8 x 4.3 meters. For the night I left the UPS running and left the window wide open of which the Unit is less than a meter away from.

When I opened the door this morning the smell was intense, window still wide open, ceiling fan circulating the air, left the office door wide open and the smell is still obvious and for me beyond comfortable.

Will this smell go away in a day or two?

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 3/16/2018 6:14 PM (in response to Michael)

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. The unit should not omit an unpleasant smell. Please contact local support for assistance. Local support contact information will be found at this link. http://www.apc.com/us/en/support/contact-us/index.jsp You will need to select your proper country or region.  

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: