Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Other Products, Topics, & Discussions » discussion » General » Troubles about My designed Module

Troubles about My designed Module

Discussion in Other Products, Topics, & Discussions started by chen , 19 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • zihao
    chen
    New Member New Member
    chen 19 days ago

Good day,all

I’m doing a module based on timer--NE555P and mofset--IRF064N for reducing lamp brightness using PWM. Resistor and capacitors configuration calculated using Schematic program.

The  datasheet of NE555P

Besides, I put a 1kΩ resistor between the timer output (pin 3) and mosfet gate. Power: 12V battery from UPS. Lamp: car lamp 12V 55W. Module works, but the problem is that the timer gets very hot. Why it happens? Full schematic

Attachments
  • Terry_Kennedy
    Terry
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Terry 18 days ago (in response to chen)

Other than using a UPS battery, I'm not sure of the relevance of this forum to your project. You'll probably get a better answer from a design forum like EEVblog (that's a clickable link, even if it doesn't show up that way - weird forum software).

• voidstar
    voidstar
    Expert Expert
    voidstar 16 days ago (in response to chen)

I agree with Terry. I'd also suggest looking at the voltage across your 100 ohm resistor to see what kind of current the 555 is sourcing (or sinking, which would be bad). Maybe R4 was 1kOhm for a reason. At those low frequencies I expect the MOSFET to be high impedance but who knows. I'm also not sure what R3 is doing.

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: