Loading ...
home » spaces » Other Environmental Monitoring Products & Questions » discussion » General » Cannot make changes to network management card config

Cannot make changes to network management card config

Discussion in Other Environmental Monitoring Products & Questions started by Philipp , 14 days ago
Login  to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • ZoPhilipp
    Philipp
    Philipp 14 days ago

Dear all,

I'd like to change some configuration details - especially SMTP and email recipients - on my Smart-UPS RT 6000 RM XL but anything I configure is discarded. No matter I use the web or the console. I updated to the latest firmware but still no changes can be made.

I'm logged in as Super User (apc).

Card Model: AP9631

Hardware Revision: 05

Version: v6.4.6
    I there a secret switch or something? :-)
    Thank you very much for your Help!
  • ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 14 days ago (in response to Philipp)

Hi Philipp,

I have a feeling you may be doing this correctly but the way to check if your configuration was correctly applied is not as intuitive as it could be..(at least for SMTP notifications)

When you configure email recipients and notifications, you want add your recipient details, then to go to Configuration menu in the web->Notifications->Event Actions->By Event or By Group and navigate through the wizard, making sure to select the correct recipient(s) you want to enable notifications for. Please note, when you add a recipient, by default the email events for that recipient are all enabled mostly for every 2 minutes and will repeat until the condition clears.

If you want to go in and change this, I recommend you go in and select the events you want to disable, select those on the By Event or By group page, and when you get to the end of the wizard, choose the radio button that says "Disable Notifications." Then, go back through and select the events you want to enable and choose that option at the end of the wizard. (I also found this third party site on configuring email notifications which maybe will help.. https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/47471-how-to-configure-apc-notifications)

When you want to check your configuration, the easiest spot is to see what events are enabled would be to go to Configuration->Notification->Event Actions->By event and click on the different headings of events, such as Power Events for your UPS, and then on the page that comes up, look for the Email column. If there is a bullet in the email column, at least one email recipient is enabled for that event. Click on the event itself to see details. See below for what I mean.

In my example, my account is enabled for email and I can see what the frequency and repeat interval is.

Can you review this and then elaborate where your steps differed or if you ran into a problem for email?

And what other settings posed an issue?

Lastly, if you can provide the event log (event.txt) and let me know the time/date you tried to change other settings that didn't work, I can check the log. (If you need help downloading the event log, check here -> http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA156131 )

• ZoPhilipp
    Philipp
    Philipp 13 days ago (in response to Angela)

Hi Angela,

thanks for your suggestion.

The problem finally was solved by formatting the flash memory.

Now all configuration can be made and persists.

Have a nice Easter-Weekend! :)

• ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 13 days ago (in response to Philipp)

Hi Philipp - glad to hear. And thank you, hope you have a nice Easter weekend too!

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language:  English