Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Other Environmental Monitoring Products & Questions » discussion » General » Cannot connect AP9617 serially to reset the password (powered up using AP9600)

Cannot connect AP9617 serially to reset the password (powered up using AP9600)

Discussion in Other Environmental Monitoring Products & Questions started by Joe , 1/27/2015 10:45 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • yousufco
    Joe
    Novice Novice
    Joe 1/27/2015 10:45 AM

I have  AP9617 card  installed on AP9600 chassis and I am trying to reset the password of that  card  but nothing help.

First of all,  the card I have is a  second hand which I figured out the IP  but the password  is not the default and when I  installed it on AP9600 to have it powered up  and get it serially connected I  couldn't have it connected. 

I applied the instruction in the manual on how to do the reset  using the reset button but nothing help.

Please let me know if there is a work around to have the password of this card get reset.

Thanks.

• ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 1/27/2015 2:15 PM (in response to Joe)

Hi - can you confirm what sequence you've followed and how the AP9617 status LED is reacting?

The only option is to follow what is here ->  http://www.apc.com/support/index?page=content&country=ITB&lang=en&locale=en_US&id=FA156075  

You'll either need to press the  pinhole reset button once or twice depending on what firmware is on the AP9617.  Can you confirm the pinhole reset button is working and causing the LED to flash in some way?  If it is not, you should make sure it is attached and not damaged. Also, are you able to get the username  and password prompt on the screen when preparing to start?  You'll want to make sure you can do that too and have the correct port settings as mentioned in the article.

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: