Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Security & Environmental Monitoring Discussions » discussion » General » NO Device Manager on APC Environmental Monitor

NO Device Manager on APC Environmental Monitor

Discussion in Security & Environmental Monitoring Discussions started by Leon , 10/2/2017 8:53 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • slonny
    Leon
    Novice Novice
    Leon 10/2/2017 8:53 PM

Hi guys.

I really need your help - I'm little lost with my issue with my APC Environmental Monitor with AP9606 Web/SNMP Management Card. It's quite old but a great device. I've been using it with pleasure - until I decided to try to upgrade it and after the upgrade, I break it! Well, I lost Device Manager ( the menu is empty).

This is how I break it:  I (hardly) found some firmware files from this link: ftp://ftp.apc.com/apc/public/hardware/webcard/firmware/security/v326b/

I managed to upload and install two bin files (em205a.bin and aos326b.bin) After reboot I can access everything except "Device Manager" for managing power outlets. 

And now I can't find a solution for this problem. PLEASE, help me somehow.

I add some pictures for help.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely, Leon

• cristiancalvet
    Cristian
    =S= Representative
    Cristian 10/3/2017 11:41 AM (in response to Leon)

hi Leon, did you logout when you accesed by terminal? because AP9606 is not detecting your appliance , try loggin out again by terminal and then access by network. if that doesnt work try to update firmware again.  

• slonny
    Leon
    Novice Novice
    Leon 10/3/2017 12:51 PM (in response to Cristian)

Thanks Cristian for your reply. Yes, of course, I did logout....I have this problem for few weeks now and I was trying a lot of stuff since then. Basically, I'm lost because I don't know which firmware is exactly right for my device - I can't find it. The link which I was posted was from some forum and I'm not quite sure if it's the right one. The network card is working and like you said the AP9606 can't detect appliance! From Here I need some help... How to manage that I could see the appliance again. 

thank you in advance.

Leon

• cristiancalvet
    Cristian
    =S= Representative
    Cristian 10/3/2017 1:02 PM (in response to Leon)

what is the exact model of the appliance? 

• slonny
    Leon
    Novice Novice
    Leon 10/3/2017 2:16 PM (in response to Cristian)

Hi, it's a AP9212-MASTERSWITCH Power distribution unit 

• ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 10/3/2017 2:51 PM (in response to Leon)

Hi,

Per my notes on this AP9212, the following folder contains the latest firmware that I know works. Go to ftp://ftp.apcc.com/hardware/mswitch/firmware/ms/v220/ and load aos303.bin via FTP, let it reboot, then load ms220.bin and see if that fixes it for you.

If you need to confirm instructions on how to load these files, follow the instructions for AP9606/NMC1 using FTP here -> http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA156047

The issue as already sort of explained here is that you loaded an incorrect application file (for an environmental monitor product) so AP9606 cannot talk to the MasterSwitch device itself to show you device manager info/controls. Hopefully the firmware I provided will restore it for you.

• slonny
    Leon
    Novice Novice
    Leon 10/3/2017 4:38 PM (in response to Angela)

THANK YOU, Angela. i'll try it...

note: the right FTP link should be: ftp://ftp.apcc.com/apc/public/hardware/mswitch/firmware/ms/v220/

we will be in touch...;)

• slonny
    Leon
    Novice Novice
    Leon 10/3/2017 4:52 PM (in response to Leon)

WOOOOHOOOO, It alive again!!! You're da man Angela!;) Thank you and others so much for helping me out!! I'm happy as radio!;)

Thanks again and God bless you.

SINCERELY, Leon

Attachments
  • ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 10/3/2017 4:56 PM (in response to Leon)

Hi Leon - you're very welcome, glad you got it working!

• Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Choose your language: