Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Getting Started » discussion » General » _Daily_ Digest started, do not want, did not ask for

_Daily_ Digest started, do not want, did not ask for

Discussion in Getting Started started by mike , 12/17/2014 12:54 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • saty
    mike
    Novice Novice
    mike 12/17/2014 12:54 AM

yesterday I started getting Daily Digest emails that I did not ask for, do not want.

There is no easy way from the email itself (unsubsrcibe) to stop these

There is no clue as to where to turn them off

Loging in and looking at the account page, there is a link to "start" these things, suggesting that i am NOT supposed to be getting these.

I want these to stop, please tell me how to do that, if I can't turn them off, I will have to add you to my Delete Junk list

Please don't turn stuff on without asking

• voidstar
    voidstar
    Expert Expert
    voidstar 12/17/2014 1:28 AM (in response to mike)

Yuck, I agree!

I press the gear icon on the top-right, then Preferences. Under "Receive emails" I selected "Do not send me notifications" and then hit "Save." We'll see how well that works.

• ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 12/17/2014 2:06 AM (in response to mike)

Yes, I personally apologize. I will look at this immediately and address. The preferences before the upgrade should've carried over as we specifically reviewed this as a concern as not to spam users and opt anyone into anything they didn't ask for at any point previously and moving forward. 

• saty
    mike
    Novice Novice
    mike 12/17/2014 2:08 AM (in response to Angela)

how do i turn it off, as it appears to already BE off ????

• iFix.au
    Neville
    Novice Novice
    Neville 12/17/2014 4:53 AM (in response to Angela)
    On 17/12/2014 12:06, Angela said:

I will look at this immediately and address.

Hi Angela; it is great to be connected with APC and the user forum as I have new devices in my fleet and came looking on the old website earlier - after some months of absence.

I managed to disable the "Digest" feature after one arrived, think this is now changed to allow users' to subscribe a topic which is nice.

One area I notice is that the forum asks me to complete my profile each time I Log In; it seems to ask for password completion and my Schneider Device list which is already in my personal preferences - will keep an eye on it to see if it clears.

OH; a preview would be nice.

Neville M. -- "the farmer in the great heartland, corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" {Neil Young - greendale 2003}
  • ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 12/17/2014 3:03 PM (in response to mike)

Try this URL (which I just added to some of the emails): http://forums.apc.com/unsubscribe-digest.aspx.

• ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 12/17/2014 3:13 PM (in response to Neville)

Hi Neville,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback too.

I hope the issue with unwanted digest emails is cleared up. It upsets me that we somehow upset our users!

I haven't seen that issue yet regarding having to complete the profile every time but I wonder if it is related to this but mine's not even complete and it does not keep prompting me. So you've had reset the password a few times too?

As far as your suggestion - a preview for what?

Attachments
  • sundersunder1
    sunder
    Novice Novice
      This discussion is marked as answered
    sunder 12/24/2015 3:35 AM (in response to Angela)

Hi,

We want to buy ups for 36 system. 10 kva ups is sufficient for this. my question is whether to go 2 unit of 5 kva each or single 10 kva is good. please guide us pros and cons in each case

The administrators post my question in suitable place and suggest suitable reply

• CHubert
    Corey
    Novice Novice
    Corey 28 days ago (in response to mike)

Same is happening with me too.

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 27 days ago (in response to Corey)

Hi,

Once you login to can edit your preferences to not receive the digest.

• Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Choose your language: